The Spoke Calculator is very accurate and easy to use. With 1400 hubs and rims in the database, you can quickly select your chosen hub and rim or enter your own measurements. Since October 2018 there has been 3176 individual calculations.
You can save any wheel build you create on Spoke Length Calculator which includes custom measurements or any make and model selected from the database. There is also the option to add any missing hub or rim measurements to the data base too.
In fact, there are quite a few older models with missing information. If you should come across any of these, when build a wheel, I would appreciate if those details can be completed.
If this is your first time here, I'd highly recommend to read up on measuring rims and hubs before entering their dimensions.
Be advised, you may find hubs which use straight pull spokes. At the moment please do not use the calculator with these hubs as the spoke length will be incorrect.
⚡ As a precaution. When selecting a rim or hub from the site, it's best to double check the measurements with your items first. This isn't a warning to say the calculation will be incorrect, because it wont be. It's more to do with intolerance between published and real world measurements. This is mostly true (pardon the pun) for rims as being out by 2mm or more can be the difference of having the right length spokes or not!
- There is a new option to add notes when updating/creating hub or rim measurements. These will be displayed above the calculate button. A good example are Hope hubs, select Pro 4 Fatsno and Avenir Duro 17 rim.
- 16h, 18h, 20h and 64h spoke count options have been added to the create/update model page
- Finally!! The database is fully searchable 😁. It still needs a tweak here and there, so please have patience with it.
- The code has been fixed when adding hub and rim to the database. Why not give it a go?
- The message board UI has had a couple of fixes and tweaks and should be usable once again 🙈. You can even use emoji's 🤘👍
- The search feature is very much "work in progress" and if you have any suggestions, then please let me know over on the message board.
There are 94 hub manufactures in the database with a total of 890 hubs to choose from.
The latest three hubs added to the database are:
Also within the database you'll find 38 rim manufactures with a total of 510 models to choose from
Finally the latest three rims are as follows: